Tour de Cure
Tour de Cure is an organisation dedicated to finding a cure for cancer that raises funds for cancer research through various cycling events and activities.
Tour de Cure’s vision is to significantly contribute to breakthroughs in cancer by 2018 and they have been a major contributor to brain cancer research. Cure Brain Cancer is grateful for the generous support of Tour de Cure who have partnered with us to support some of our vital research projects.
Tour de Cure fundraises through a series of events including their Signature Tour cycling event as well as other challenge events. Each year they select and fund cancer projects in the following areas:
- Research projects focused on finding cancer breakthroughs
- Support projects for brain cancer patients
- Prevention projects that are focused on education and awareness in communities
In 2011 - 2013, Tour de Cure funded the following Cure Brain Cancer research projects:
- The role of Translational Research Officer at the Lowy Cancer Research Centre, within the Cure Brain Cancer Neuro-oncology Group.
- The Kynurenine Pathway Project, Professor Gilles Guillemin, Macquarie University. This project aims to understand the way tumour cells use the kynurenine pathway to neutralise the immune system and prevent it from destroying the most aggressive type of brain tumour, glioblastoma.