Dr Sarah Olson
Specialist neurosurgeon at Princess Alexandra Hospital, Mater Hospital and Greenslopes hospital Brisbane Australia.
Dr Sarah Olson is part of our Queensland team and is a specialist neurosurgeon at Princess Alexandra Hospital, Mater Hospital and Greenslopes hospital Brisbane Australia. Her interests are in minimally invasive brain surgery, brain mapping, pituitary disorders, deep brain stimulation surgery and trigeminal neuralgia.
She has overseen the introduction of deep brain stimulation into the public sector in Queensland. She has worked with radiologists for the introduction of brain mapping and minimally invasive cranial techniques into the public sector. She has lobbied successfully for gliolan and gliadel agents for glioblastoma to be available in the public sector. She has with other committed parties overseen the growth of neurosurgery training across public and private sectors and lobbied successfully for further federally funded training positions.
- Supervisor of neurosurgery training Princess Alexandra Hospita
- Chair multidisciplinary brain tumour clinic Princess Alexandra Hospital
- Surgical advisor Australian pituitary foundation
- Adjunct Researcher Diamantina institute
- Senior lecturer University of Queensland
- Reviewer Journal of clinical neuroscience
- Member: World Stereotactic surgeons, COGNO, Neurosurgical society of Australasia, Queensland neurosurgical society.
- Past Chair Queensland Neurosurgical Society and acting director of neurosurgery Princess Alexandra Hospital
Dr Olson was nominated for the Pride of Australia Care and Compassion Medal in August 2014.
Read more in the article in the Courier Mail.
READ MORE ABOUT THE JOHN TRIVETT FOUNDATION